Online registration begins Thursday, September 23rd, at 8:00pm on our website at www.edmt.info/cinderella_2021 and closes when full or on Thursday, September 30th at 11:59pm whichever comes first. (If the cast is full you may choose to be placed on a waiting list.) Everyone registered will be in the show. Auditions are to determine who will perform specific roles.
- Please review the calendar thoroughly. There is a unique schedule for this show.
NEW participants to EDMT since August 2020 are required to sign an EDMT Waiver and Release Form. Once registered, participants will receive the waiver via DocuSign. The form must be signed and returned prior to the first rehearsal.
If you are NEW to EDMT, bring a copy of your birth certificate to auditions to verify your age.
LEARN THE AUDITION DANCE
Tuesday, September 28th, at 5:00pm at EDMT’s Rehearsal Facility. A video link of the audition dance will be emailed to all registrants for those who are unable to attend in-person or who want to use it to practice.
Saturday, October 2nd, at 9:00am at EDMT’s Rehearsal Facility. When you arrive you will be measured for costumes and have a photo taken for the program.
- You may bring sheet music for the accompanist. We will send an email after registration with instructions on how to use music electronically for auditions.
- Auditionees will be seated by number in a row of 10 chairs in the audition room. Parents are invited to watch. When your number is called, you will come forward, introduce yourself and your song, and then sing for up to one minute.
- Next, 20 auditionees will perform the dance audition for the staff in groups of five. Some groups of auditionees will sing first and dance second, and others will dance first and sing second.
- Finally, the Artistic Staff will announce the audition numbers of those who are being called back. Those called back will proceed immediately to the “Callback Table” to pick up any songs/scripts needed in preparation for the callback day on Tuesday.
Tuesday, October 5th, at 4:00pm at EDMT’s Rehearsal Facility. Those called back will be asked to read lines from the script and sing the song(s) they were given at the “Callback Table” at auditions. They should also be prepared to dance.
The cast list will be posted on the EDMT website on Friday, October 8th, at 8:00pm.
Cast members obtaining lead roles are expected to make themselves available for publicity events such as television appearances and newspaper interviews.
Auditions and Rehearsals will take place at EDMT, 5011 Golden Foothill Pkwy, Unit #4, in El Dorado Hills, CA.